Saturday, January 26, 2008

Greetings

I've been collecting movie soundtracks for about 20 years or so, its been quite a passion. I normally choose the movies I see by the soundtrack composer. Over the last few years, I've also collected a few ideas about what makes a good soundtrack, though I am no expert, I just know what I like. I've just found out, too, what a blog is, so this seems of good chance to post some of my thoughts I guess on film music. Thanks for reading this. I'd love to hear what your views are, especially if you have any lists of favourites, as I've published below.
I think film soundtrack music is a great undiscovered secret, well, that's the case in New Zealand. Film music makes or breaks a movie; so, in my case, it was a great discovery, one that I've really enjoyed for ages. And, knowing that new soundtracks are being released all the time by great composers makes keeps me in a pertpetual state of .. well, it keeps me happy.

No comments: